Simple & Chic Interior Design Tips To Transform your Home Without Costing You A Fortune
Every once in a while you might get the urge to change something in a room to update how it looks. We know how adding a cushion and a couple of throws in your living room or your bedroom can make a difference in how each room feels.
If you have the money, you could always hire and interior design firm in Singapore to do a complete overhaul of your home and give you the grandeur you want in your decor. A professional will know exactly what to do in every room and make whatever vision you have a reality, however if money is tight, there are still a couple of small changes you can make to a room that will have a great impact.
Here are 6 simple but chic ideas that most top interior designers will advise you to do to switch things up in your interior decor.
1. Use paint to create the illusion of space. There is a lot that paint can do, besides giving color on drab walls, it can also create the illusion of space in small rooms. Light colors will make a room feel bigger and dark colors will do the opposite.
You do not have to paint the room white, that could make an already drab room more boring. Pastel colors work wonders, they add color to a room without overpowering the space and the decor. If you are going to paint your walls white try to incorporate some wall art to make your room more interesting and inviting.
2. Use mirrors to add light to your rooms. Ask any interior design company why your home might need a couple of decorative mirrors and they will tell you that if you can’t do anything about the size of your windows, you can place mirrors directly across the windows you already have to add instant light and dimension to your room.
3. Mix things up. Your interior decor should be a reflection of your personal style. Top interior designers know that the best decorating ideas are the ones that carry the home owner’s essence and makes them feel comfortable and happy. If you love your Grandma’s antique coffee table, there’s no reason why you shouldn’t be able to make it work with the new furniture you have. There’s no reason why the old and the new cannot work to make one room feel spectacular. Mixing things up can be extended to rugs and pillows as well as art. Mix colors, patterns and textures to make your living space warm and interesting.
4. Use wallpaper. Wallpaper might not be as fashionable as it used to be but it can still serve a purpose in your home. You don’t have to put wallpaper on every inch of your walls, use it to create splashes of color in corners, underneath steps or inside bookshelves and cupboards.
5. Go green with plants. A splash of green looks great in any living space. Plants are a cheaper way to update your interior decor. Think of them as accessories and do not be afraid to try different sizes. They don’t have to be flowering plants either, the best house plants are the ones that do not have flowers, only leaves. Plants are also good for the interior environment because they absorb pollutants and remove carbon dioxide and other harmful gases from the air.
6. Use carpets or rugs for hard floors. Area rugs can add some fun and functionality to any hard floor that lacks the comfort a carpeted floor offers. They provide an interesting contrast, especially with hardwood floors. Choose interesting colors and patterns. Play around with different fabrics and textures. Area rugs are especially useful in homes with children because they can be taken off the floor and washed when they get dirty.
These recommended interior design tips are not only simple, but they are inexpensive too. You can transform your home quickly by just choosing any of these tips without hiring expensive interior designers.